Saturday 27 June 2009

Monday, March 26th, 2007

I heard on BBC Breakfast that they're thinking of introducing dance lessons as a form of exercise for kids in schools. What a brilliant idea. If only they'd thought of it a couple of decades earlier, then I wouldn't have had to spend all that time pretending I was cleaning my Green Flash trainers or spotting escaped parakeets in the trees whilst fielding during rounders.

Sport at school convinced me that exercise was for losers, who'd beat me every time. I stayed well away from it until I graduated to the institute of clubbing, where I was introduced to dancing and made up for years of lethargy by spending my weekends throwing shapes 'til dawn.

Not everyone likes sport, but school seemed to view it as the only way of keeping fit. So I blame the curriculum for my laziness and love of lounging. If I could have swapped rounders for rumba and gym for jive, I would've embraced exercise and felt much better about myself.

Thank god for the rave scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment