Saturday 27 June 2009

Monday, March 12th, 2007

In all the offices I've ever had the misfortune to sit in, I've never come across a decent desk chair. I find they're usually evil yet badly made monsters similar to those from a low budget sci-fi TV series (the office furniture version of the original Daleks), that suck out all my energy, leaving me at the mercy of the coffee wars where Starbucks reigns supreme. These desk chairs spread RSI as their plan to disable the work force and dominate landfill sites continues.

Yet I think myself lucky as I've heard of those so called decent desk chairs, displayed as design icons in New York's Museum of Modern Art. Deadly sirens that seduce workers with their ergonomic pleasure, yet these desk chairs want to take-over the office. They last for years, successfully occupying their territory as dispensable workers come and go, their comfort manipulating office managers into recruiting armies of them until soon our work places will be taken over by rows and rows of their troops.

At least with the old guard we have an excuse to go home early. I can't help but think that these so called decent desk chairs are the cause of our increasingly work obsessed and family neglecting nations. And I call that pretty indecent. Burn them all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment